Now that Autumn is upon us and the days are getting shorter, we can create a cosy atmosphere in our homes by burning candles, incense and fragrance oils.
Unlike essential oils, fragrance oils are highly diluted aroma oils, hence the lower price. Some fragrance oils are also a mix of various essential oils to create a unique scent, such as our Gothic Dream and Night Magic.
Fragrance oils are very versatile; they are perfect for:
- burning in oil burners
- scenting new candles or refreshing faded ones (add a few drops of oil to the hot wax of the candle)
- scenting and refreshing potpourri
- soaking cotton balls to scent drawers
- putting a few drops on a cotton ball and put inside the bag of your vacuum cleaner to diffuse the scent whilst hoovering
You can even use the clear coloured oils to nourish and scent wooden furniture. It works really well on my battered pine table, but please try this out on a hidden area of your furniture first, if you are worried about staining.
How to burn fragrance and essential oils in your oil burner:
Fill the bowl of your oil burner with some water and add a few drops of oil. The more oil you add, the more intense the aroma in your room. Don’t burn the oil undiluted as the smell will be too strong.
- Some fragrance and essential oils may cause skin irritation. Avoid contact with skin. Wash with soap and water after contact. Keep away from eyes and mouth. Rinse eyes profusely with water in case of accidental contact and seek immediate medical attention. If skin irritation occurs, wash with soap and water, pat dry. If irritation continues, or is severe, seek medical attention. Not for internal use.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Avoid exposing people with lung conditions, such as asthma, to the vapour of fragrance oils.
- Oil may stain materials and surfaces.
- Never touch hot oil or their containers, they will burn.
- Never add oil to hot containers as an explosion may occur.
- Do not leave oil burning pots unattended. Never exceed the manufacturer recommendations for length of time to burn oil. For the best experience, simply burn for 15 minutes at the most, then allow to cool and then relight.
- The harmful level of essential oils in sprays and in burning oils is not really known. When you are diffusing oils you should try not to use excessive amounts of fragrance/essential oil. In addition, you need to ensure good air circulation, so that the concentration of essential oil vapours is not built up.
My current favourites are Orange & Cinnamon, Apple Spice and Frankincense, available to buy as part of our special fragrance oil multi-buy offer.
Nag Champa is a new fragrance, which has a wonderfully calming aroma, and can be bought separately.
Wishing you a fragrantly delicious Autumn season!
Join our mailing list and receive a 10% discount voucher in return.